Thursday, January 31, 2019

What I lack

What brought me to the point where I started to think about making games?

Mostly the things I lacked in the hyper-casual games I watched and played.
What would that be?

The feel.
I saw quite a lot of games which were "cold".
Sure it is possible to have such a game fun and playable but personally, I want more:

A character.
A story.
A mood.

A character.
Well... of course you can bounce a ball or a square, but it seems to me that using a character
that brings your emotions (whatever they are) is much more valuable.
Personally I prefer jumping the Doodle from Doodle jump than any geometrical object.
(https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/doodle-jump/id307727765?mt=8)

A story.
Not in a casual game? Why not?
It is not necessary to tell a very rich story... but something that shows you the aim.
A story that somehow leads you bouncing from the start to the end.
So that the bouncing gets a purpose?

A mood.
Something that I love in many games.
A mood that is achieved by both the gameplay itself, the characters involved,
but mostly by graphics in high esthetical standards. An idea which is visible and consistent throughout.





No comments:

Post a Comment