Saturday, February 9, 2019

A character

Most of the hyper-casual games seem cold to me.
One of the things they lack is a character.
A hero of a story.
A person, an element that you lead through the game or that leads you through the story.
Someone that you may like.
Someone that brings the emotions into the game.

What I need is to bring new characters to life in my games.
Searching in my memory for game characters that enjoyed.... that I remember... that are the first shot when I am asked about them.... I think it would be actually all the characters from Amanita Design games. (http://amanita-design.net/games.html)
Starting from Samorost. Characters full of life. A bit funny. A bit strange. But always making the player emotional about them.
And this is the point - emotions.

Even in a hyper-casual game you could have such a character.
One that makes you feel emotional.
One that makes you smile when you see it.

That is what is necessary for me to bring into my games.
Player's emotions.
Even if the game is beeing played for a short while during a daily subway ride,
the player should have a chance to meet a character.
To meet a character and to open up for the emotions that it brings.

That is how I would like my children to spend their time if they need to play mobile games.
That is what I would wish for all the children playing mobile games.
And not only children.


No comments:

Post a Comment