Friday, February 15, 2019

A story

It is an essential part of any adventure, strategy or an FPS game.
One might wonder why I would need a story for a hyper-casual game?

The reason is to give the player an aim. A goal. A destination to reach.
To give the game a meaning. To tell a story and make the player a part of the adventure.

We all know SuperMarioBros. Simple game yet with a story (and great characters).

Personally when I search for a game with a simple story in my mind I remind myself a cool platformer called "The Lost Vikings" by Blizzard (published in 1992).
Three Vikings moved to the future world, going through all the levels to return to their world.
Not much of a story.
But perfectly enough for the needs of the game.

I don't need more for a simple game.

It is not that I do not enjoy for example bouncing from wall to wall and avoiding the spikes.
But I prefer to have that extra value and a feeling of an adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment